Save the Children Federation, Inc. Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: children
Direct beneficiaries per year: 143 million children in 120 countries, through the Save the Children global movement
Geographic areas served: the U.S. and around the world
Programs: early education, healthy kids and disaster relief in the United States and education, health, hunger, child protection and HIV around the world.
In 2013, the Save the Children movement reached 145 million children in 120 countries.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Health: We reached 21 million newborn babies and mothers through survival programs
- Hunger: 2.5 million children benefited from our efforts to help families feed and support themselves
- Education: We reached 10 million children with basic education
- Emergencies: We reached 8.1 million people with disaster relief and emergency response
- Protection: More than 1 million girls and boys were protected from exploitation, abuse and neglect
- United States: Over 185,000 children were helped by programs in the U.S.