The Conservation Fund Overview
Profile ( less )
Geographic areas served: United States
Programs: land conservation loans, community development programs, sustainable forestry management, green infrastructure planning and more.
At The Conservation Fund, we combine a passion for conservation with an entrepreneurial spirit to protect your favorite places before they become just a memory. A hallmark of our work is our deep, unwavering understanding that for conservation solutions to last, they need to make economic sense. Top-ranked, we have protected more than 7 million acres across America.
Here are just a few of our accomplishments in 2013:
* Helped protect land for the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Monument in Maryland.
* Donated land for the first national park in Delaware.
* Helped cities across America, including Los Angeles, Atlanta and Detroit create parks.
* Reconnected a forest that stretches nearly 30 miles along the rugged North Coast of California.
* Provided loans to help family farms, like the Stacy Farm in Ohio.
* Our Land Conservation Loan Program provided critical financing and guidance to dozens of land trusts and local groups to help them save special places.