Lawrence Community Shelter Overview
Target demographics: Individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Lawrence, Kansas, and the surrounding area. 76% of LCS guests are from the Lawrence and Douglas County area. LCS is the only 24/7 emergency homeless shelter for Lawrence.
Direct beneficiaries per year: Over 600 separate individuals involved in a variety of programs at LCS
Geographic areas served: Lawrence, Topeka, Kansas City areas in NE Kansas
- 42% of LCS guests are disabled (39% with at least one mental illness)
- arranged for housing (actual + wait list) for nearly 100 people
- 103 people applied for and started to receive benefits
- 67 people found employment
- 186 people sought intervention with substance abuse
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge