My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for St Christopher Truckers Development & Relief Fund Inc, Knoxville, TN, USA
My wife has been the Executive Director of this wonderful organization since its inception. It has been her honor to serve a community of selfless individuals when they become the ones that need a hand up. Truck drivers bring us all that we have, all while putting their lives and health on the line. The St. Christopher Fund staff and volunteer Board of Directors all have a heart for truckers and a passion to find ways to help in their time of need, as well as putting health prevention programs in place for them.
Reasons to know the SCF is a great organization:
1. The kindness and caring of the staff and Board
2. The missions: provide assistance when a driver comes out of work due to an illness or injury/provide health and wellness programs for drivers
3. Their guidelines for assistance are strictly adhered to
4. Medical issues are verified by a review of medical records from our volunteer Medical Director
5. No money is given to applicants-instead, bills are paid directly on the drivers' behalf so that we know where every donated dollar has gone
6. Their guidelines and financials are reviewed and verified by annual audits
7. Their operating expenses stay between 25-27%, meaning $0.75-$0.73/donated dollar is available to support drivers.
8. They process ~400 applications/year with a very small staff