My Nonprofit Reviews

amaniabdeldayem - charity reviews, charity ratings, best charities, best nonprofits, search nonprofits

amaniabdeldayem

17 profile views
1 reviews

Review for Islamic Relief USA, Alexandria, VA, USA

Rating: 5 stars  

I have been a long time supporter and have been a volunteer with IRUSA for almost a year. I have participated in relief and aid efforts that are local (2,000 food box pack-out for local families), national (rebuilding homes for flood victims in North Carolina) , and international (packed 10,000 meals for Uganda and a 120 mile charity bike ride in Turkey to raise funds for water wells in Africa). Every experience I have had with them has been first rate. The staff, events, and efforts are extremely organized, focused, professional, polite and courteous. Their operations are world class and they work with other world class organizations, both faith based and non faith based, to make things happen. There are no political affiliations, it’s just pure charity. They are there wherever there is crisis, wherever long term recovery is needed, and wherever there is need. Donation money is not squandered and is used effectively and my understanding is that more than 90% of donations goes towards projects with the remaining less than 10% towards administrative costs. That’s pretty good! I have met many amazing people, both staff and volunteers, through working with them. I actually wish I could participate more because of how positive the experiences are. Regardless of your faith, Islamic Relief is great charitable organization on all fronts and I highly recommend them to everyone looking for a charity to donate their time and/or to.

Role:  Volunteer