My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for City Dogs Rescue, Washington, DC, USA
I have adopted from other rescues and was so impressed by CDR I decided to volunteer. The following reasons are why CDR is amazing!
1. The support with issues both medical and behavioral is supportive and helpful and immediate!
2. The application is very thorough and they require a home visit. This ensures the dog or cat goes to the best home. Please do see their application! It is amazing!
3. I have been a volunteer Adoption Counselor, have done Home visits, did all Foster fail adoptions for a while, and now since I have moved out of state, am helping with online work. It has been my pleasure to find friends wonderful rescue animals from CDR.
4. The fundraising helps others. At Thanksgiving they have a pie ‘sale’ . One can donate their pie to a family who also gets a meal. Being out of state , this is a great way to give back!
Their fundraising in the Spring is online and fun. One never feels obligated to contribute.
5. The many like minded friends who love animals...CDR provides a Facebook connection. Here is where you need guidance aluminaes and fosters chime in immediately to help!
6. The animals come first! It always is so wonderful to see alum post pictures of their dog or cat and the length they go to provide safe, clean , homes for these animals and the before and after pictures! Adotaversaries are celebrated. Vacations many times are inclusive, weekends are for hiking, snuggling, and adventures!
7. Best rescue ever!