My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Gentle Barn Foundation, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
I understand Darshan Sergi is trying to organize a public meeting with the Gentle Barn! I would love to attend!
My name is Erich Lange and I was a donor, volunteer, special person, served on the committee for the Gentle Barn's first golf tournament, possess a Lifetime Family Membership Card ($1000.00), and rode with Jay to the Planning Department in 2010. I have been to both of their facilities. I volunteered from May 2010 until I was asked not to come back in February 0f 2011. My first visit to the Gentle Barn was to make a $1000.00 donation to help save "60 sad cows". Here are a few questions I would like answered at the meeting:
1. Where is their 2010 IRS Form 990? (update 2/26/13 - it is now on Guidestar)
2. Where is their 2011 IRS Form 990? (update 2/26/13 - it is now on Guidestar)
3. Was the structure they put up on the Agua Dulce property permitted? I can't find a record of a permit.
4. What happened to the 60 cows from their 2010 campaign; the one where they raised $200,000?
5. On their 2009 IRS Form 990, I believe it says they paid $0.00 in salaries. How is that possible with a full office staff?
6. Jay once told me that he and Ellie didn't draw a salary. How did they support a family of 5 with no income?
7. If they weren't drawing a salary, how did they pay for their Las Vegas wedding and their various vacations (Hawaii, etc)?
8 Did their Board meet regularly BEFORE the Attorney General showed up in November of 2011? Do they have the minutes?
9. What does Ellen have to say about the 60 cows that were never rescued?
10. Could we ask to see their personal tax returns for 2010 and 2011 so we can see how they supported a family of five?
11. Were they responsible for my website being temporarily shut down?
12. How many "disgruntled" people did Ellie actually send her "Notice and Warning" to?
13. When the Gentle Barn was in Tarzana(?), was it zoned for an animal rescue?
14. GB faithful have claimed that my posts seeking answers are "filled with lies!" yet I am still waiting to have that claim substantiated. Please ask Jay, Ellie, Mike, Michelle, etc. to compile an actual list of these lies so I can apologize in public at this meeting. In two years the best any of them has come up with is that I had the name of a chicken wrong (the one that was accidentally killed by one of their pigs). The truth is that I have never knowingly lied about Jay, Ellie, or the Gentle Barn.
I hope this helps in preparing a list of questions for the meeting.
Erich O. Lange, P.E.
Facebook: Where are the cows?
Was your donation impactful?
How likely is it that you would recommend that a friend donate to this group?
How likely are you to donate to this group again?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?