I currently serve as President so this review is little biased however I want to let the public know the following:
1) We are NEED based not income based. If you have a medical need that insurance will not cover we are here to try and assist.
2) We understand the importance for research funding, clinic trials etc and pray that in the future many diseases such area Cancer, Diabetes and Kidney Disease can be cured. However we are here for the NOW NEEDS. We want to make sure you have what you need now to beat these battles just in case that cure isn't found.
3) Our staff is completely volunteer. No 6 figure incomes here. We want every dollar going towards your medical needs.
4) We have VERY LOW OVERHEAD. We use $80 a year for our website and approximately $600 a year for insurance. Our meeting place is donated, our members pay for their own meals at dinners and our organization phone lines are even member ran and member paid.
5) Our volunteers host quarterly fundraisers to keep our budget increasing. We work hard to find the most cost effective yet reliable items when requested by an applicant. We work with many hotels, pharmacies and companies to keep costs down.
6) We have been honored as a top rated non profit in 3 of past 4 years and have ALL POSITIVE REVIEWS. We strive to do best for our clients in every situation.
7) While we maintain client confidentiality every penny spent and how it was spent can be found on our website under the NEWS section. The public deserves to know where their $ is going
Please share our name so we may share in helping more people.
Walk On began as a concert series called Walk On Fest that was organized to raise funds for those with Multiple Sclerosis in Central PA. After having this concert series, we felt there was a need to help in a broader scope. This is when we started a program called Walk On Heroes on the site Wish Upon A Hero (www.wishuponahero.com) where we had the platform to grant many wishes in the medical and basic necessity areas. After granting many wishes under that organization we applied for our own 501c3 status. September of 2009 we were granted that status and have been able to assist with many wonderful grants including raising funds for a peanut allergy detection dog, a prosthetic eye, a double lung transplant, a NASA suit for a boy with severe sun allergies and many other things that you can view right on our website along with the cost of those items. I have served as the Founder, as a volunteer, and as the President and in each of these positions I have learned so much and have been so blessed to see the many things our team has been able to assist with. Many lives are being changed. Please join us in changing these lives. It may be yours some day.