Over 1.8 million nonprofits and charities for donors, volunteers and funders

The Arc-Solano

Claim This Nonprofit

More Info

Add to Favorites

Share this Nonprofit


Nonprofit Overview

Causes: Developmentally Disabled Centers, Disabilities, Human Services

Mission: The mission of the arc-solano is to promote the greatest personal growth, community understanding, and full participation of people with developmental disabilities and their families through support, education and advocacy.

Programs: The alternatives in curriculum and training (act) behavioral day program provided 5,289 days of services to 24 consumers in fy 2013/14. Clients received instruction in anger management, community access, self esteem and social skills.

the new tailored day services or the community based volunteer, work or higher learning service began on january 31, 2014 and provided 540 hours of services to 6 consumers. The organization also has provided a number of other valued added services: literacy, beaddazzlers jewelry making program, theater and choir with the vast majority of the consumers coming from the day program branch of the services. Art@arc, a very valuable service, is now funded under the umbrella of the act behavioral day program for the most part with at least 90% of the consumers from the day program participating in a weekly art classes in the same building. The remaining 10% of the art@arc consumers are funded under the ts or independent living skills service or the new tailored day services. Direct income generated from the art sales is approximately 1,000 per year typically. We also count the art director or instructor as part of the day program staff to consumer ratio that is required.

the transitional service (ts) or independent living skills program provide 9,562 hours of service to 55 consumers in fy 2013/14.

Community Stories

0 Stories from Volunteers, Donors & Supporters