Mission: The International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression (iFred), is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to helping research the causes of depression, to support those dealing with depression, and to combat the stigma by shining a positive light on depression.
Results: 1. Provided over 20,000 brochures positively branding depression
2. Presented to over 20 international mental health organizations about the need to use positive branding with depression (www.ifred.org/rebrandingdepression)
3. Generated the first ever cause marketing program via Mood-lites, introduced in QVC, Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Linens N Things and more.
4. Established a Global Month of Hope (April), the color (yellow), and the sunflower as global icons for depression.
5. Established an online community for depression survivors and family for support with over 500 members providing mentoring and guidance to others.
6. Created a ‘Famous Faces’ poster showing how depression effects all - no matter the race, age, socioeconomic background, etc.
Direct beneficiaries per year: Thousands (over 500 in online group, over 2,500 brochures per year,
Geographic areas served: International
Programs: Field of Hope
Brighten Our World for Depression
Store for Hope
Looking to do two additional campaigns:
-Get Ur Hope On
I serve on the board and love how this organization gets other nonprofits together to create a universal symbol for depression - the sunflower. It is time all nonprofits doing work on depression unify to show the power of solidarity on standing for an issue. There are 350 million around the world suffering when depression is treatable. Time for change!
I have been suffering with depression for 4 years and it has helped me by just knowing I am not alone. They inform and educate people about depression and are trying to change peoples attitude about it. It is a horrible illness and IFred has given me work to do that has helped my self esteem and has given me structure to my day. I am glad to help when I can.