Ways To Work Overview
Target demographics: Low-income families who earn 80% or below their geographic area's median family income.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 1,400 families
Geographic areas served: United States
Programs: Ways to Work provides an alternativeto predatory lenders for people with a demonstrated commitment to achievingincreased self-sufficiency and intent on pursuing a higher degree of success inmainstream financial markets. The loans provided by the program are primarily used to purchase or repair a car, thus addressing a common barrier to full employment for many: reliable and flexible transportation.
Our vision is a healthy society and strong communities for all children and families.
• We understand that people need financial help at various times in their lives.
• We assume the best about loan applicants and support them in living up to their highest aspirations.
• We believe people want to better themselves, improve the lives of their children, and contribute to society.
• We believe that small amounts of money at the right moment can make a great amount of difference in moving working poor families along the path to self-sufficiency and away from welfare and dependency.
• We welcome and support applicants who exhibit a potential for success in work or school even though they may have had limited success with past credit experience.
• We believe that the climate of mutual support and responsibility within informal local communities can provide built-in incentives for borrowers to repay loans.
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge