Victory Programs' ReVision Urban Farm Overview
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: *Seed multiple trays of plants in the greenhouse or plant multiple trays outside.
*Prepare and spread multiple cartloads of compost on the land.
*Build several raised beds for planting our vegetable crops.
*Thoroughly weed at least one field, ensuring our plants stay healthy.
*Help assemble 50+ boxes of produce for our Community Supported Agriculture program.
Geographic areas served: Primarily Dorchester, as well as Mattapan, Roxbury, and the Boston Metro Area
Programs: Through our farm, we run three projects: the Experiential Education & Job Training Programs, ReVision Farm Stand, and Community Supported Agriculture.
• Sell over 12,000 seedlings through our seedling coop.
• Sell almost 10,000 lbs of food through our farm stand and farmer’s market
• Donate over 2,000 lbs of food to ReVision Family Home the Boston Medical Center food pantry, and other community programs
• Distribute over 10,000 lbs of food to our CSA (Community Support Agriculture) share members
• Harvest nearly 5,000 lbs of food from our land in Dorchester - almost 10,000 servings of fresh vegetables
• Train and host 6 youth interns and a youth coordinator for seven weeks in the summer