Community Library Inc
Rating: 5 stars 2 2 reviews 439
PO Box 850 Kilmarnock VA 22482 USA
THE MISSION OF THE LANCASTER COMMUNITY LIBRARY IS TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO A WIDE VARIETY OF QUALITY LITERARY AND INFORMATIONAL MATERIALS AND SERVICES TO ENHANCE THE CULTURAL, INTELLECTUAL, AND PRACTICAL PURSUITS OF THE COMMUNITY
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!
Reviews for Community Library Inc
Chitwan district lies in the western part of Narayani Zone with Bharatpur, the seventh largest city of Nepal, as its district headquaters. It covers an area of 2,218 square km in 2001 had a population of 472,048 people. The district takes its name from the Chitwan Valley, one of Nepal’s Inner Terai valleys between the Mahabharat and Siwalik ranges. There are about 40 Village Development Committees (each of which has nine wards or villages) and one sub- Metropolitan city that is Bharatpur and a municipality Ratnagar each of which has more than nine wards or urban areas.
The library residing in Bachhauli VDC-8, Chitwan district was opened for the community people on 17th July 2002, whereas Dr. Antonia Neubauer, the President of READ, formally inaugurated it in special presence of the Vice – Chancellor of American Embassy on 21st September 2002. Catchment area population of Jhuwani VDC is male 2514 and female is 2553 in totals 5067.
Jhuwani Community Library began functioning from 2001 and since then it has been serving the community. Jhuwani community library has received support from READ for the development of Infrastructure (like: library building, furniture, computer and books), it has also supported in the organizations of various training, sustainability project like ambulance service, technical backstopping, providing feedback on how to proceed further.
1.2 Geographical Status:
Geographically the library lies in the Chitwan District at 84° 25' E Longitude and 27° 37' 60 N Latitude while the altitude is 244m to 1945m from the sea level.
1.3 Area covered:
The district has covered 2218 sq km.
1.4 Economic Status:
The main occupations for this place are agriculture, business and service. Regarding the agricultural productions, rice, maize, millet and wheat are key products. Narayanghat is the main market area.
1.5 Accessibility to library:
From both the ways i.e. airways or roadways, person can easily reach to the library. From airways, it takes 15 minutes to Bhartpur from Kathmandu airport and then approximately 30 minutes driving to reach the library. From Roadways, it is 5hours driving from Kathmandu.
1.6 Caste and Ethnicity:
The library has covered KumrojVDC's 1, 2, 3 Bachhyauli VDC's 1-9, Ratna NagarMunicipality-4, Khaireni VDC's -8, 9. The coverage of different castes is Brahmin, Chhetri, Tharu, Newar, Magar, Dalit, Tamang, Gurung and so on and has catchment population is near about 35000.
1.7 Educational Status:
The literacy rate of this area is 70.76%. In this area, there is one library. The descriptions of academic institutions are briefly discussed in the institutional information of the library.
2. Organizational Strategic Information of Library:
After completion of 'Capacity Building Training' dated on May 2009 the library has developed its strategic planning as follows. The library management committee/ library General assembly has endorsed the following.
"To built the prosperous society with the help of modern facilitated library"
• To make well equipped service center for providing equal and advance service to all groups of community.
• To develop library service as information source using the modern information technology.
• To make the educated society free from all type of inequality and free from conflicts.
• To make educated society this will be socially, economically and culturally rich.
• Group formation for the children and provide required books and information.
• To provide books, musical instrument, sports material and modern information technology for the young generation.
• To Provide easy and equal service in health, education, communication etc for all group of customer.
• Make the effectiveness and circulated library service for the approach of all group of customer.
• To provide equal opportunity in service to produce the educated, well trained and civilized human resource.
• Make the center of resource providing effectiveness service like, internet, website, newspaper, E-library and tale center etc.
• To Extent the sub-library at school or campus and neighbor society acting as center hub library.
• To provide Ambulance service.
• Community radio will operate very soon.
3. Institutional Information of Library:
Date of Establishment of Library: 29th November 2000
Registration No: 49/057/058 Date: 29th November, 2000 A. D.
Registered Office: District Administration Office, Chitwan
Affiliation No: #008 Date: 31 October,2009 Office: NCLA
Last Renewal Date: 2014
Inaugurated Date: 21st September, 2002
Library Inaugurated by: Dr. Antonia Neubauer
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?
I am so grateful to have this library in our area.
Reading to learn and to relax and enjoy, being able to use a computer online, the availability of magazines, books and movies on tape and disk, as well as newer technologies, programs of interest, the helpful and congenial staff, all make this a wonderful place to visit frequently, again and again.
I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...
My continued satisfaction from reading, and seeing others who benefit again and again from the services offered here.
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
Enable them to have a larger building, and better lighting in the children's department.