Camp Unalayee Association Overview
Target demographics: Children age 10-17 from all economic, cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 145 campers per year come to summer camp on scholarship.
Programs: Unalayee operates a wilderness summer camp for children ages 10 -17. Campers live in small groups outdoors, prepare and cook their own meals. They spend 1/2 of the two week session on the trail exploring the natural world and learning wilderness skills. We also have a teen leadership program and a two-week backpacking program for more intensive primitive and outdoor skill development.
· Grow through personal challenge and cooperative living
· Develop respect for themselves and others
· Develop a sense of self and the confidence to stand up for what they believe
· Experience challenges and unexpected accomplishment
· Have life changing experiences that stay with them forever
· Become stewards of wild places
We stand for:
· A deep love of the wilderness
· A commitment to self-discovery and responsibility
· A dedication to transformation
· Being a place of friends
Camp provides a world away from technology where kids have fun working together and becoming a part of a community and a place they can always come home to.