My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Canopy, Palo Alto,, CA, USA
I am a senior and live in a neighborhood in Menlo Park, California that years ago had been redlined because of residents being primarily Black and Latino.
Because of redlining, the City of Menlo Park diverted investment in trees in my neighborhood and instead directed its investment in trees and green spaces in the wealthier, white neighborhoods.
This negligence has led to the climate burden being disproportionately born by my neighborhood.
And this is where Canopy comes in!
I learned of Canopy through a posting on the neighborhood social media platform NextDoor. I thought their offering was too good to be true. I was wrong.
Canopy has been one of the most impressive nonprofits I have ever worked with!
Here are some of the reasons why:
- timeliness of their response to my inquiry
- detailed education of the types of trees they offer and why
- gently following up when I forgot to let them know the trees I wanted
- arrival on the day of planting at the time they committed to
- weekly emails that remind me to water the trees
- inquiring how things are going and was I happy with the trees
- outreach asking if I knew of other neighbors who would be interested in the program
I now have two trees planted in my barren backyard and look to add an additional tree on the side of my house and another in front of my house alongside the sidewalk.
I am happy I am able to help our neighborhood become a more beautiful and inviting area while at the same time contributing to the reduction of heat.
Thank you Canopy and all the donors who have made this happen!!