My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Kenya Self-Help Project, Burlington, VT, USA
KSHP is both effective , they do the right things, and efficient, they do things right. Under the leadership of Kathleen Dodge, Executive Director, and board members like Sarah DeKoven , their results are A-OK, A1, awesome, blue-chip, fabulous, first-class, five-star,. Here
s the proof:
In 23 partner schools, KSHP Girls' program has . . .
• Eliminated pregnancy
• Reduced girls school dropout 98% [from 230/yr --> 4 girls]
• Improved high school eligibility to 100% [from 40%]
• Strengthened girls' health & life skills education in weekly classes
• Improved hygiene for 5,600 girls with new, gender-sensitive latrines
• Improved school attendance through Dignity Kit supplies for all adolescent girls.
• Improved class performance. GIRLS to now claim position #1 in 75% of all grade 1-8
Here's the key to their superb project, they follow this quote of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“Instruction Is much, but encouragement is everything." The staff' in Burlington and in inKenya simply 'throw themselves" into their work and inspire the Girls to "Do Your Best."
I'm proud to be a small, but regular donor to the KSHP.