My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for People for Haiti, Tampa, FL, USA
I got involved with People For Haiti shortly after the earthquake. I went on a mission trip that was comprised of some amazing people, both from the medical field, and some not (like myself). I am a television production manager, who helped produce some footage of the volunteer based medical clinics. It was the most rewarding, eye-opening experience I have ever had. It really makes you realize first hand how life is in a third world country. One of our basic human needs that most of us Americans take for granted is healthcare. How would we react if we could not take our sick children to a doctor, or get regular check ups to prevent a serious illness? PFH takes their medical expertise and attention to some of the most remote parts of the country and delivers healthcare and education to thousands of Haitians each and every year. Here are some amazing facts about this charity that will make you feel good about giving your financial support to this non-profit group.
· These mission trips are fully funded by corporate and individual donations
· 100% of general donations are allocated to mission essential expenses, which does not include travel.
Volunteers pay for their own travel and board.
· PFH is entirely run by volunteers and nobody receives a salary
· Missionaries get to personally see the donated funds put to use during medical mission trips
· Our teams are diverse (different ages, cultures, professions represented). Not a religion-based organization.
· With just a $5 donation, we can treat one patient
Any help, whether you can give your time or money, would greatly be appreciated. You will not regret it and can sleep well knowing that every bit of effort goes directly to help the Haitian people!