My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Think New Mexico, Santa Fe, NM, USA
A close friend, a Washington lawyer/power broker and a part-time Santa Fe resident, once told me he believed Think New Mexico should be a "blueprint" for good government think-tanks in every state in the union.
Strictly and doggedly non-partisan, TNM researches and tackles issues that are in the interests of the citizens of New Mexico, not our elected officials. The ethics of this organization are beyond reproach, which is refreshing, commendable, and rare.
Without TNM and it's founder-director Fred Nation, things would be much different in the Land of Enchantment:
- We would have no full-day kindergarten
- We would have a food tax
- We would not have the strategic water reserve
- The PRC would still be running amok and cheating the residents of the state at every level
- There would be no Lottery Reform movement
- There would be no Title Insurance reform
Currently they are working on:
- Smaller Schools
- Health Care Affordability
- Protecting New Mexico's Lottery Scholarships
- Addressing the Jobs Crisis in New Mexico
- Ending Pay-To-Play Corruption
And so much more.
As a resident of this state for 23 years, I love New Mexico, but I loathe the politics. Both Democrats and Republicans seem to be hunkered down and entrenched in their own personal agendas, i.e.getting themselves (or their relatives) elected to preserve their stranglehold on The Roundhouse. Think New Mexico (and particularly Fred Nathan) holds their feet to the fire and forces them to work for the public good.
I urge you to support this organization any way you can.