My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc., National Office, Dallas, TX, USA
I am concerned that Susan G Komen for the Cure may have started out with good intentions, but has become a money maker that has lost it's focus.
1. Is there now more focus on selling products and events than actual interest in breast cancer causes and issues?
2. Why do many on the top members of Komen earn so much money?
3. In 2011 Nancy G Brinker earned over $600,000....why?
4. Is there a connection with Fundraising for a Cause and anyone at Komen?
5. Why are volunteers expected to raise money for free, pay for product and events, while the directors and board of Komen make massive amounts of money?
It seems almost sacrilegious to question this company(and their "mission"), but I am concerned about some of these usually unspoken and unquestioned ideas. What do you think?
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
Have them identify what they are doing for the focus on causes of breast cancer. Lower salaries for top members of the company.....if the really "care" about breast cancer! Identify potential conflicts between them and "for" profit companies.
Will you volunteer or donate to this organization?
How much of an impact do you think this organization has?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?