Arts & Culture,
Arts, Culture & Humanities,
Mission: Seedlings of Change (SoC) mission is to co-create a sustainable future by advancing global consciousness, self-empowerment, and holistic living and sustainability education through a mini-grant program and multi-media including publications promoting opportunities to live and learn together.
Seedlings of Change (SoC) vision is a sustainable, healthy, vibrant future where individuals live everyday life with conscious thought and action; where individuals at the grassroots level transcend all religious, social, ethnic, and political barriers in support of harmony, fairness, integrity and compassion with our environment and each other. Where individuals adopt recipe(s) for resilience and pass them on to their families; where we, the collective, can make a healing difference co-creating positive change in the world.
Results: Seedlings of Change “Bread for the Soul” mini-grant program is made possible by your monetary contributions collected via our fundraising events. The projects currently supported are highlighted throughout the Seedlings of Change website.
* Wildhorse Therapeutic Riding Program for all abilities in Missoula County, Montana.
* The “Cat Fight” project humanely addressing the feral cat issue taking place in California.
* “Sustainable Smiles” Student Action Program (SAP) is currently working in Afghanistan to educate and empower SAP students to lead the way to a greener future. This program is integral in encouraging community members via SAP students in becoming actively dedicated in improving environmental quality and educating on the importance of safeguarding the environment through stewardship.
* The first Seedlings of Change “Bread for the Soul” mini-grant was awarded in 2010 to Zootown Arts Community Center ZACC to create and maintain their Creative Gig Service (CGS) in Missoula, Montana. CGS is successful and focuses on all that is creative.
* Seedlings of Change provided a “Bread for the Soul” mini-grant to The Girls Way in Missoula, Montana this is a safe place for all Missoula County girls ages 9-18 that promotes healthy emotional, physical, and social development by encouraging healthy choices in physical activity and nutrition, while offering unique learning opportunities.
* Seedlings of Change support AniMeals of Missoula, Montana by advertising on a recycling container, which is located at the Brooks Street Walmart parking lot. Funds collected from the recycling benefits AniMeals.
* We also have our ongoing sustainable projects in Uganda; from farming, to providing safe drinking water as well as teaching sewing and knitting skills.
Target demographics: Seedlings of Change reach out to individuals, groups, and nonprofits in our local to global community to create win-win cooperative relationships.
Direct beneficiaries per year: Seedlings of Change honors’ everyone from all walks of life. Motivating individuals through positive action, inspiring individuals to share their gifts and talents through our educational outreach events, programs, and projects. We believe in the ripple effect; when children realize their self-worth, they share their esteem with the world. Equally true, when adults realize their self-worth, they have respect and show kindness our global community.
Geographic areas served: Seedlings of Change is located in Montana, US. We currently have projects in the US, Uganda, and Afghanistan
Programs: One of the programs we offer is “Bread for the Soul” mini grant. Seedlings of Change efforts bring positive change in our global community. Our “Bread for the Soul” mini-grant program is made possible by your monetary contributions and when you donate to Seedlings of Change you support our work, which is contributing toward a world of positive shared experiences and stewardship for future generations; a world that works for everyone!