Mission: We are the community backing in the quest to end domestic violence. We do this by: 1/boosting “audience” and involvement, 2/providing effective and individualized means for organizations involved in the cause, and 3/ educating on the individuals not usually viewed as also victims (pets, family, the community as a whole).
Vision: The vision of The Purple Rose Project is to empower the overall cause to end domestic violence by building bridges between the community and victims and organizations involved through universal needs and desires. By community, we include all aspects, with special focus on people who had no particular prior concern with this issue. Where the community is empowered, in turn their victims and survivors are empowered, organizations addressing the issue are empowered, legal systems are empowered, and abusers are held accountable.
Results: - successful identification and understanding of actions within days,
- televised and radio coverage (5 total),
- 14,000+ fans on social media (25 weeks post launch)
- community-based radio PSA’s serving Native American audience, by request.
- invitation to participate in professional and sporting events
- distribution of >21,000 purple roses in unexpected situations
- participation at San Diego Gulls hockey game and San Bernadino golf tournament
- distribution of pet abuse within domestic violence campaign brochures distributed through 2 major vet hospitals and 7 local vet clinics
- contribution to five other local domestic violence organizations, providing gifts to survivors or loved ones, or to beautify their events
- speaker invitations
Donor & Volunteer Advisory
This organization's nonprofit status may have been revoked or it may have merged with another
organization or ceased operations.
The Purple Rose Project is a wonderful "Grass Roots" organization that in a very short time is blossoming like... well, a Rose!
The founder has a clear idea and purpose to reach as many people as possible with a unique style that touches the heart of each person who comes in contact with the project. Just the imagine the look of surprise then gratitude on someones face when you hand them a rose right out of the blue. Additionally, imagine stepping out of your door first thing in the morning to "deal with another day at work" only to find a rose laying on your doorstep to greet you.
These are just a couple of the ways that The Purple Rose Project reaches people and gets them to stop and think about a subject no one really wants to think about. It brings awareness, love and a sense of community back into the community.
Look for many great things to come out of this organization as the project grows by leaps and bounds!