Human Service Organizations,
Mission: Our pursuit is to continuously support and encourage those living with the daily challenge of parenting a child with special needs so that the genuine love and hope of Jesus will be experienced and shared in their everyday lives.
Results: Begun in 2002, this organization began with 6 couples and a box of tissues. Today, we serve well over 3,500 families both locally and nationwide. Here's what we accomplished in 2015:
• Throughout 2015 we continued to partner with Community Bible Church, San Antonio, TX, and each Sunday evening offer accessible worship for all via their internet platform http://onlinechurch.com. Through this opportunity, parents and families worldwide were able to attend church from the convenience of their home or even at the hospital.
• We saw an average increase of 50% in attendance at our Quarterly Fun Family Events in January, April, August, and September.
• We mentored approximately 160 parents through 12 Side-By-Side Parent Mentor Small Groups throughout the year at different locations and using a variety of platforms including Facebook, Zoom video conferencing, and in person attendance.
• May 15, 2015 – We held our 2nd Annual Mother’s Day Retreat at the Cedar Valley Center in West Bend, WI, offering our first overnight for guests. A group of 33 mothers enjoyed guest speaker, Gillian Marchenko, the entertainment of Comedy Sportz, dinner, breakfast, and lunch, massages, manicures, crafts, a marriage workshop with Ann Gapinski, and time to enjoy the beautiful grounds all helped to refill the tanks of mothers raising kids with special needs.
• September 30, 2015 – Our Foundress, Barbara Dittrich, was named as one of three finalists as an Innovator for the Right Wisconsin Right Women Awards.
• November 21, 2015 – Our 3rd Annual Christmas Mini-Mall benefit moved to Crosspoint Community Church, Oconomowoc, WI, this year. In spite of the weather, the ministry made a net profit of over $2,700, up 158% over our previous year’s event.
• April 22-23, 2016 - Our annual Refresh Retreat for Mothers celebrated its first year back at Crosspoint Community Church, pampering, growing, and engaging 4 dozen female caregivers with a remarkable weekend.
• June 10, 2016 - Two more women completed our 12-week mentor program
• October 17, 2016 - The Stackner Family Foundation awarded Snappin' Ministries a $5,000 grant to fund our TLC programming.
• October 21, 2016 - The Oconomowoc Area Foundation awarded Snappin' Ministries a $3,500 grant to launch programming specifically tailored to fathers.
Target demographics: Parents of all children with chronic illness, disability, and special needs
Geographic areas served: Every state in the continental US
Programs: Parent Mentor Program (Training & Matching)
Quarterly Fun Family Events (Winter Bowling, Summer Picnic, Spring Kite Flying, Autumn Outing)
Gift Cards for those whose children are hospitalized or in financial dire straits
Publications on line and through print literature to encourage
Forums through social media to connect with others and locate resources