As the Board Chair for The Meeting Place Mission, I would like to not so much review our organization, but tell you about the impact you can make with as little as $50.00.
* Fifty dollars will ensure the lights stay on and the water is warm at the Women & Children's shelter for 2-3 weeks.
* Fifty dollars will provide a hot, nutritious meal for all the men at the Transitional House for 2 nights.
* Fifty dollars will purchase cleaning supplies for both FACES homes for 1 month.
* Fifty dollars will buy new pillows for every bed at the Women & Children's Shelter.
* Fifty dollars will buy new coats for FACES children.
* Fifty dollars will put gas in the van to take our men to the doctor, VA, ESC and other appointments.
So you see with as little as fifty dollars you have the opportunity to cause positive lasting change in someone's life. I urge you to take that opportunity as often as you can. It is after all one small movement repeated on a regular basis that moves us from where we are toward where we will be.
Our group volunteered to help get a house ready for a family to move in. We cleaned, moved furniture, made beds and put away dishes. It was great to see the effort our young volunteers put into the project, and the care they took picking out children's books and getting rooms ready. They were excited to meet the family that was going to move in. Our efforts helped a homeless family begin a new life, but they also helped show our group the importance of working to make a better community.
Review from Guidestar
The Meeting Place One is a necessary and vital contributor to the effort of combating homelessness in Burke County, North Carolina. The Men's Transitional program, F.A.C.E.S., and the Burke Women & Children's Shelter (programs of The Meeting Place One) provide crucial assistance to the marginalized within our community while serving a diverse population of individuals and families with extraordinary care and compassion. The Meeting Place One prioritizes the individual by encouraging and developing self-worth while simultaneously empowering the participant for personal development and goal-attainment. Without a doubt, this agency provides the necessary respite and care for individuals and families as they transition from homelessness to independence.
Review from Guidestar