SHAKLEE CARES Overview
Programs: Shaklee Cares helps both in the immediate and the long-term recovery efforts following disasters. Funds are available for individuals in need and for community projects that will benefit many in the future. Recommendations for individuals who need assistance and proposals for funding of community projects come from Shaklee Independent Distributors who live in or near the communities impacted.
Examples of major programs initiated by Shaklee Cares fundings include:
1) Rebuilding homes for disaster victims of tornadoes in Oklahoma and hurricanes in Florida.
2) Rebuilding schools in Tarboro, North Carolina.
3) Replacing home appliances and cookware for victims of fires in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
4) Purchasing generators for communities hit by ice storms in Maine.
5) Replacing neonatal equipment for hospitals following earthquakes in Southern California.
6) Rebuilding the athletic facility and replacing equipment for the school in Valmeyer, Illinois. The entire town was flooded and had to be moved to higher ground.
An annual fundraiser for Shaklee Cares takes place at Shaklee Corporation International Leadership Convention. Various other fundraising activities are spearheaded by Shaklee Independent Business Leaders throughout the country.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge