Roots and Wings International Overview
Target demographics: Indigenous youth in rural Guatemala whose household income is $2/day.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 500 (265 children in our computer and tutoring programs; 200 in our academic counseling programs; 35 in our scholarship program)
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Help us spread the word through his/her network of contacts or social media. We have samples of short messages which the volunteer can help put up in his/her network. Even a simple mention of our website (rootsandwingsintl.org) goes a long way in helping us. Thank you!
Geographic areas served: Southwest Guatemala in the mountains of the Boca Costa region. Specifically the dozens of villages surrounding Pasac in Nahualá, Sololá, about 3 ½ hours from Guatemala City.
Programs: Computer Literacy for Kids, After-School Tutoring for Elementary Students, University Scholarship.
* After-School Tutoring Program: 250 sponsored. In need to help total of 600 elementary students graduate.
* Computer Literacy Program: 25 Computers for 600 children. Donor sponsorship in need to expand program.
* Academic counseling and career guidance for 250 youth per year
* Monthly development meetings by our university scholars to plan and resolve local development issues.
* Currently seeking funding of $1.5 million to construct a high school for the Boca Costa region.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge