Project Yes, Inc. Overview
Gay and lesbian youth account for:
- 33% of all teen suicides
- 25% of homeless/throwaways
- 50% are rejected by their parents
- 8% of all high school students were harassed because someone thought they were gay
- 5 times more likely to attempt suicide when harassed by someone who thought they were gay
- 93% of all students hear homophobic comments in school.
Project YES works to transform the environments where youth are present to begin to address the suicide, drug abuse and homelessness issues. We accomplish our mission through speaking engagements and sensitivity trainings conducted for schools, faculties, police departments, churches and synagogues, Florida PTA, hospitals and social service agencies across the country, out of which collaborative programs develop.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge