PORTION FOR ORPHANS INC Overview
Target demographics: Currently focuses on orphans in China, Thailand, India and Nepal.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 3 organizations
* Raise public awareness about orphans worldwide
* Improve the quality of care provided to orphans
Raising society's awareness of orphans and the critical problems they experience is the first step towards becoming compassionate to them and acting to solve their problems. Through visits to orphanages around the globe and first-hand interactions with orphans and their caregivers, we heighten our own awareness of the numerous challenges that orphans face each day. Portion for Orphans relies on informational events, public speeches, as well as printed and online publications to distribute alarming information about orphans to individuals and organizations who have the ability to become a part of the solution to their problems.
By partnering with supporters and volunteers, Portion for Orphans strives to improve the lives of orphaned children by meeting their physical, educational, emotional, spiritual, and vocational needs. Face-to-face contact with children at supported orphanages enables Portion for Orphans to accurately assess and prioritize their problems in order to determine their most vital needs. On a case-specific basis, Portion for Orphans volunteers take an active, personal approach to finding solutions and bringing together the resources required to meet the urgent needs of children and orphanages.
Hope Run & WalkThank you to everyone who participated in or supported the 8th Annual Hope Run & Walk that took place on January 29 in Marshall, Texas! Here is a quick summary of the event:
* 257 Participants
* Over 40 AMAZING volunteers!!!
* Sunny and 70º in January!
* Overall winners were: Jonathan Tijerina (17:22) and Natalie Bach (22:05). That’s a new course record for the guys!
* Results of the 118 runners are posted at hoperun.org
* Here’s a link to some pictures of the event!
* $5,138.25 was raised on race day, followed by additional donations after the event!!!
* 100% of these funds will benefit the children at organizations profiled below:
Mercy International (Thailand)
New Life Home Trust (Kenya)
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge