Oops! You must enter a search term greater than 3 characters.
One Common Unity Overview
One Common Unity (OCU) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that creates and nurtures sustainable, caring communities through innovative peace education services, arts initiatives, and media programming.
In the organization’s first ten years, OCU projects and programs have:
1) Provided nonviolence workshops and seminars in four District of Columbia high schools, three junior high schools and three elementary schools.
2) Provided music literacy, nonviolence and leadership development in the summer months to over 200 youth ages 14 - 18 living in D.C. through our “RYS Above the Violence” summer youth initiative.
3) Provided self-awareness and empowerment programs for over 100 young women from Washington Metro Area high schools.
4) Enriched the D.C. community through numerous cultural events and celebrations.
5) Administered the youth filmmaking program “A Nu View” for two consecutive summers, teaching 22 local high school students the principles of conflict resolution through the production of a documentary film.
6) Hosted Rejuvenation Retreats for the past 3 summers which helped individuals develop the skills for self-growth.
Invite friends and colleagues to share their experiences with this nonprofit
I have been involved with OCU for the past half-year and have been truly inspired, both spiritually and intellectually, by the work they have been doing with youth. The power of social-emotional and creativity to inspire change is exponential and I can't recommend OCU enough...
I have been blessed to experience two Rejuvenation Retreats w/OCU: these events are very profound for all who participate. The gifted organizers validate every individual person's experience and the One Common Unity that exists upon parting time is very powerful.
The meaningful events and ...
See all 18 reviews »
I have learned about OCU in 2007. A friend invited me to attend an amazing event where OCU team was performing. I was moved by their art, music, genuine love for diversity and for children, and especially, by their positive energy. HawaH is a true candle in the world, bringing LIGHT where there is ...
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.