NICO Orphanage Home
Rating: 3 stars 1 review
Location: Mogonga Mkt,Kisii Kilgoris Rd po box 318 Ogembo 40205 Kenya
• To impart christian education and values to poor and orphanned children
• To help the underprivileged, homeless, and hungry children
• To help the children who are cast away, forgotten, and left behind
• To help the children whose lives are destined for slavery due to poverty
• To help the poorest of the poor parents create the possibility of a happy future for their children
• To care and educate the children in a beautiful and loving surrounding, inspiring them toward vocational or university education
• To make it possible for the children to grow up and integrate productively into society, so they can live successful, fulfilling lives with honor and dignity – and – to help others
Our dedicated and creative work is already making a difference for those we can reach. We love them, we nurture them, we teach them, we inspire them, we show them what’s possible. Our holistic approach gives the children a real chance to have a life that is neither slavery nor misery.
Geographic areas served: Gucha,Kenya
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!
3 people found this review helpful
Millennium Women & Youth Empowerment Organization ( MWAYEO) is a non profit, non governmental organization (NGO) registered with the NGO Bureau ,Nairobi, Kenya under the NGOs Act of 1990. Since its inception, the organization has developed into a locally and regionally recognized, independently governed and sustainable institution. Its areas of interventions include programmes in -Community Health-Support to children with HIV/AIDS -Water and sanitation, -Income generation activities What we have done in the past is to design and undertake activities which lead directly to community empowerment by strengthening peoples’voices and enhancing their capacities at a grassroots level.We at MWAYEO are inspired to tackle the root causes of poverty, environmental degradation, conflicts and social and economic imbalances and exclusions, by finding and providing practical solutions which, when accepted in good faith and translated into positive action, can have the highest potential for social transformation, justice and sustainable development. Through support from CDF Fund Bomachoge Constituency of Ksh 600,000 we were able to tap water from Omogonga River ,in partnership with NICO, by diverting water to homesteads down slopes of Mogonga, that includes,NICO Orphanage, reaching over 60 HHs with a total population of about 400 people. During the implementation phase we noted that the volunteers from NICO and its Board are very hard working, accountable and people of integrity.
I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...
Yes, the orphans who they support are drawing water/drinking water in their compound throughthis project. Through this project they have also acquired dairy animals to supply milk to the orphanage. All this would not be possible without this water project
How frequently have you been involved with the organization?
About once a year
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?