Geographic areas served: Global
GoSustainable was established in 2007 to facilitate trade relationshipsbetween small businesses, entrepreneurs, and farmers worldwide. We workdirectly with rural, low-income, low-volume farmers, to educate themabout sustainable farming practices (with an emphasis on growth ofnative crops), and to connect them with hard-to-access world markets,simultaneously expanding their capacities to support themselves andfurthering the development of their communities.
Our goals are to:
- Work with farmers that lack the means, education, and/or resources to certify their crops/products as either Organic or Fair Trade.
- Provide training in sustainable farming practices to farmers.
- Educate farmers and consumers about the benefits of growing crops native to the farms’’ region.
- Enable rural farmers to bring their goods to market by connecting them with infrastructure available in their immediate area and abroad.
- Ensure that farmers receive a fair price for their goods.
- Promote small business and entrepreneurship in the United States and abroad by connecting them with uniquely marketable products.
- Educate consumers about the benefits of purchasing goods grown using sustainable farming practices.
- Build a recognizable brand that represents the values and practices of our Global Farm Certification program.
- Add value to products containing Global Farm Certified Ingredients.