Rating: 5 stars 1 1 review 66
Issues: International, Economic Development, Microfinance
Location: 454 Briscoe Place Ashland OR 97520 USA
GoSustainable was established in 2007 to facilitate trade relationshipsbetween small businesses, entrepreneurs, and farmers worldwide. We workdirectly with rural, low-income, low-volume farmers, to educate themabout sustainable farming practices (with an emphasis on growth ofnative crops), and to connect them with hard-to-access world markets,simultaneously expanding their capacities to support themselves andfurthering the development of their communities. Our goals are to:
- Work with farmers that lack the means, education, and/or resources to certify their crops/products as either Organic or Fair Trade.
- Provide training in sustainable farming practices to farmers.
- Educate farmers and consumers about the benefits of growing crops native to the farms’’ region.
- Enable rural farmers to bring their goods to market by connecting them with infrastructure available in their immediate area and abroad.
- Ensure that farmers receive a fair price for their goods.
- Promote small business and entrepreneurship in the United States and abroad by connecting them with uniquely marketable products.
- Educate consumers about the benefits of purchasing goods grown using sustainable farming practices.
- Build a recognizable brand that represents the values and practices of our Global Farm Certification program.
- Add value to products containing Global Farm Certified Ingredients.
Geographic areas served: Global
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!
18 people found this review helpful
GoSustainable is doing very important work. Farmers in the developing world who are unable to access information and educational resources relating to sustainable and organic farming practices finally have somewhere to turn.
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
If this organization had 10 million bucks, it could...
If GoSustainable had 10 million dollars, it could radically increase the number of acres being sustainably farmed across the globe. This would lead to increased crop yields in impoverished parts of the world, as well as higher living wages for farmers.
Ways to make it better...
My experience would have been better if GoSustainable had a more substantial budget and additional resources with which to carry out their mission.
In my opinion, the biggest challenges facing this organization are...
One thing I'd also say is that...
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?