Stop complaining, This is a great organisation who gets people aware of guns and how they can be a major benefit. They do not kill and I hate the people who give 1 star reviews on such a good organisation. They also sell beneficial products for any outdoor's man. This is a great organisation that helps gun owners like me so much in life.
Review from CharityNavigator
"The Taliban buy guns at US gun shows because of the NRA's loophole that requires no background checks." Jess3a3, are we lying or deluded? If you've been listening to Michael Moore or the lamestream media, it's the latter. If the former, you may be working for Moore or the lamestream media.
There does not exist a gun show loophole and individuals are required to get background checks.
Many gun shows require that sellers be FFL and the majority are storefront. They must track inventory or they lose their license The rare exceptions which accounts for a fraction of overall gun sales are limited to collectors selling off pieces here and there or inheritances. There exists no proof absolutely whatsoever between illegal use of a handgun purchased in this manner.
A 2000 study by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms revealed that 47 percent of crime guns are obtained through a straw purchase, and another 26 percent are stolen.
And Beatrice S.,
MYTH: Guns are the #1 killer of children.
FACT: Cars, pools, bicycles, and other unintentional injuries are the top killers of children.
The leading causes of injury-related death among children ages 14 and under are motor vehicle crashes, suffocation, drowning and fires and/or burns.
• • According to opponents of guns, there are 30,000 gun deaths in the country each year.
• • Almost all of the deaths are attributable to the 16 to 19 age group and almost all are gang-related.
• • In 1993, Congress passed the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. The Brady Act, as it is known, imposed as an interim measure a waiting period of 5 days before a licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer may sell, deliver, or transfer a handgun to an unlicensed individual.
• • In the four years after Great Britain banned handguns in 1996, gun crime rose by 40%,
• • Some of the proposed legislation is based on faulty information. The weapons used in the Columbine High School tragedy killings were NOT assault rifles.
• • Many murders committed by children were accomplished by their ease of access to their parent’s gun case containing multiple weapons.
• • Advocates argue that guns are not the problem – lack of responsible parental supervision is most often the problem.
Do Stringent Gun Control Laws Reduce Crime?
• • New Jersey adopted what sponsors described as “the most stringent gun law” in the nation in 1966; two years later, the murder rate was up 46 percent and the reported robbery rate nearly doubled.
• • In 1968, when Hawaii’s murder rate was a low 2.4 per 100,000, it imposed a series of increasingly harsh measures and by 1977 its murder rate tripled to 7.2.
• • In 1976, Washington, D.C., enacted one of the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation. Since then, the city’s murder rate has risen 134 percent while the national murder rate has dropped 2 percent.
The NRA Foundation actually puts its money behind its purpose, particularly in the area of safety. While many gun control organizations talk a lot, none of them come close to the NRA Foundation in reducing accidents and misuse of firearms.