Mission: Pacific Lifeline, a faith-based ministry, empowers women and their children facing chronic homelessness and helps them achieve personal and social stability.
Results: Snapshot of Services in 2014
• Nine women received weekly case management, individual therapy, and group therapy sessions.
• Sixteen children received weekly tutoring and individual therapy, and participated in weekly group activities.
• Nine women participated in regularly-scheduled life skills workshops
• Of the nine families served in 2014, four moved into permanent housing, three continue to live in the shelter, one lives in our re-entry home, and one was dismissed for program non-compliance.
• 69 children received back to school supplies and clothing.
• 38 families had access to food, clothing and basic necessities, household items, Thanksgiving food and Christmas gifts, and community resource referrals.
• Volunteers served over 600 hours.
Target demographics: women facing chronic homeless to secure personal and social stability
Direct beneficiaries per year: nine women and sixteen children in our shelter program, and 38 families in our extended care program
Geographic areas served: providing long term and permanent housing for women and their children
Programs: case management, therapy, life skills workshops, parenting support, tutoring, group activities, etc.
I am a pastor in the city of Upland where Pacific Lifeline is located. We have partnered with them for many years and consider it a privilege to be a small part of their ministry. There is so much love given to these women in children who come from such terrible backgrounds. But love is given in such practical ways that when the women leave the program they are fully equipped to live and prosper on their own.
What I love about Pacific Lifeline is that they truly embrace the notion that if you give someone a fish they eat for one day~but if you teach a person to fish they eat for a lifetime. Pacific Lifeline truly empowers women to better their situation and 'graduate' into great contributers in our community while encouraging others to do the same.