Walk On Foundation Inc.
Rating: 4.93 stars 105 105 reviews
854 Phillips Road Milton PA 17847 USA
. Walk On Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization. We will serve to align resources of individuals and corporations to impact the lives of those in our communities by providing assistance with medical equipment, safety devices and financial assistance related to medical hospitalization. Walk On Foundation aims to achieve this mission by: * Awarding grants to individuals and families whose needs meet our mission. * Educating individuals, communities and businesses of our purpose and the need for our services. * Establishing community projects. * Using the power of social networking in order to provide a better life for those dealing with medical crisis, safety hazards, and hospitalizations. * Working along side other non-profit organizations to assist in tasks that are consistent with our mission.
This year we spent a lot of assisting a local family with over $30,000 in medical expenses, over $6000 for an allergen peanut dog, and over $38000 in mobility devices to Haiti, to name just a few.
person and or persons with medical issues that would otherwise not be assisted.
Geographic areas served:
Walk On Foundation focuses locally first, but does provide services all over the United States and even some other countries.
These are all examples, but your donor dollars are stretched to the max and we have a complete file that shows where donor were given and what they were used for.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
Reviews for Walk On Foundation Inc.
1 person found this review helpful
I currently serve as President so this review is little biased however I want to let the public know the following:
1) We are NEED based not income based. If you have a medical need that insurance will not cover we are here to try and assist.
2) We understand the importance for research funding, clinic trials etc and pray that in the future many diseases such area Cancer, Diabetes and Kidney Disease can be cured. However we are here for the NOW NEEDS. We want to make sure you have what you need now to beat these battles just in case that cure isn't found.
3) Our staff is completely volunteer. No 6 figure incomes here. We want every dollar going towards your medical needs.
4) We have VERY LOW OVERHEAD. We use $80 a year for our website and approximately $600 a year for insurance. Our meeting place is donated, our members pay for their own meals at dinners and our organization phone lines are even member ran and member paid.
5) Our volunteers host quarterly fundraisers to keep our budget increasing. We work hard to find the most cost effective yet reliable items when requested by an applicant. We work with many hotels, pharmacies and companies to keep costs down.
6) We have been honored as a top rated non profit in 3 of past 4 years and have ALL POSITIVE REVIEWS. We strive to do best for our clients in every situation.
7) While we maintain client confidentiality every penny spent and how it was spent can be found on our website under the NEWS section. The public deserves to know where their $ is going
Please share our name so we may share in helping more people.
Walk On began as a concert series called Walk On Fest that was organized to raise funds for those with Multiple Sclerosis in Central PA. After having this concert series, we felt there was a need to help in a broader scope. This is when we started a program called Walk On Heroes on the site Wish Upon A Hero (www.wishuponahero.com) where we had the platform to grant many wishes in the medical and basic necessity areas. After granting many wishes under that organization we applied for our own 501c3 status. September of 2009 we were granted that status and have been able to assist with many wonderful grants including raising funds for a peanut allergy detection dog, a prosthetic eye, a double lung transplant, a NASA suit for a boy with severe sun allergies and many other things that you can view right on our website along with the cost of those items. I have served as the Founder, as a volunteer, and as the President and in each of these positions I have learned so much and have been so blessed to see the many things our team has been able to assist with. Many lives are being changed. Please join us in changing these lives. It may be yours some day.
Will you volunteer or donate to this organization beyond what is required of board members?
How much of an impact do you think this organization has?
Will you tell others about this organization?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?