Mission: CircEsteem unites youth from diverse racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds and builds self-esteem through the practice and performance of circus arts.
Results: With a 100% graduation rate from high school CircEsteem participants have received over $500,000 in college scholarships.
CircEsteem provides dollar for dollar matching funds for participants saving money for college. To date CircEsteem youth have saved over $15,000 for their educational futures. CircEsteem has doubled their savings in addition to providing college scholarships.
Target demographics: youth gain self-esteem through the practice of circus arts
Direct beneficiaries per year: 1000
Geographic areas served: Chicago
Programs: 1. HomeWork & Circus Work is our after school tutoring program that works with youth 3 days a week combining homework help with circus activities.
2. Saturday circus classes happen for youth Saturday mornings from 8 AM to 1 PM throughout the school year. Come take Silks, Trapeze, Lyra, Tight-rope Walking, Trampoline, Tumbling, Chinese Pole and much more!
3. CircEsteem Summer Camp is a safe, fun, and supportive environment where campers can come and learn all the circus skills 7 weeks out of the summer.
4. We love to do outreach in schools. Invite us to your school where we can teach an after school program every week or a gym class workshop. OR you can bring your school to our location for a field trip!
5. Birthday Parties! Celebrate your birthday at CircEsteem!
6. Invite us to your event where we can host workshops for your guests.
This past summer CircEsteem and the Chicago Youth Circus came to Zelienople, PA and I had the plesase to see them perform. It was absolutely amazing to see these kids of all ages, diverse backgrounds performing. This organization is focused on tutoring these kids after school, teaching them the art of circus, and helping to guide these kids (some of which have little or no parental parental guidance) and watching them grow into the wonderful young people they are with a very high percentage of them going on to college. I can't say enough about this non profit organization. Without this organization, many of these kids would be out on the street.