Mission: CircEsteem unites youth from diverse racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds and builds self-esteem through the practice and performance of circus arts.
Results: With a 100% graduation rate from high school CircEsteem participants have received over $500,000 in college scholarships.
CircEsteem provides dollar for dollar matching funds for participants saving money for college. To date CircEsteem youth have saved over $15,000 for their educational futures. CircEsteem has doubled their savings in addition to providing college scholarships.
Target demographics: youth gain self-esteem through the practice of circus arts
Direct beneficiaries per year: 1000
Geographic areas served: Chicago
Programs: 1. HomeWork & Circus Work is our after school tutoring program that works with youth 3 days a week combining homework help with circus activities.
2. Saturday circus classes happen for youth Saturday mornings from 8 AM to 1 PM throughout the school year. Come take Silks, Trapeze, Lyra, Tight-rope Walking, Trampoline, Tumbling, Chinese Pole and much more!
3. CircEsteem Summer Camp is a safe, fun, and supportive environment where campers can come and learn all the circus skills 7 weeks out of the summer.
4. We love to do outreach in schools. Invite us to your school where we can teach an after school program every week or a gym class workshop. OR you can bring your school to our location for a field trip!
5. Birthday Parties! Celebrate your birthday at CircEsteem!
6. Invite us to your event where we can host workshops for your guests.
Professional with expertise in this field
An excellent program all around! Teaching a diverse group of kids and adults in a beautiful inspiring environment! I was amazed at the level of commitment exhibited by teens. Their pride and ownership was fully evident.
CircEsteem has had a significant impact on my son who has been a participant in the program for more than six years. He has learned how to work cooperatively with others, gained confidence as a performer and developed close relationships with youth from all over the city. His life and our family has been enriched through his particpation in this amazing program. I recommend CircEsteem to children of all ages to both learn valuable skills and to have fun in a multicultural environment.
Rick George, MSW