Mission: CircEsteem unites youth from diverse racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds and builds self-esteem through the practice and performance of circus arts.
Results: With a 100% graduation rate from high school CircEsteem participants have received over $500,000 in college scholarships.
CircEsteem provides dollar for dollar matching funds for participants saving money for college. To date CircEsteem youth have saved over $15,000 for their educational futures. CircEsteem has doubled their savings in addition to providing college scholarships.
Target demographics: youth gain self-esteem through the practice of circus arts
Direct beneficiaries per year: 1000
Geographic areas served: Chicago
Programs: 1. HomeWork & Circus Work is our after school tutoring program that works with youth 3 days a week combining homework help with circus activities.
2. Saturday circus classes happen for youth Saturday mornings from 8 AM to 1 PM throughout the school year. Come take Silks, Trapeze, Lyra, Tight-rope Walking, Trampoline, Tumbling, Chinese Pole and much more!
3. CircEsteem Summer Camp is a safe, fun, and supportive environment where campers can come and learn all the circus skills 7 weeks out of the summer.
4. We love to do outreach in schools. Invite us to your school where we can teach an after school program every week or a gym class workshop. OR you can bring your school to our location for a field trip!
5. Birthday Parties! Celebrate your birthday at CircEsteem!
6. Invite us to your event where we can host workshops for your guests.
Professional with expertise in this field,02/26/2010
An excellent program all around! Teaching a diverse group of kids and adults in a beautiful inspiring environment! I was amazed at the level of commitment exhibited by teens. Their pride and ownership was fully evident.
CircEsteem has had a significant impact on my son who has been a participant in the program for more than six years. He has learned how to work cooperatively with others, gained confidence as a performer and developed close relationships with youth from all over the city. His life and our family has been enriched through his particpation in this amazing program. I recommend CircEsteem to children of all ages to both learn valuable skills and to have fun in a multicultural environment.
Rick George, MSW