All CAM programs are accessible to seniors regardless of physical or cognitive frailty because we bring the performances to them where they live!
• CAM presents professional artists to present 400+ hour-long performances annually.
• Performances take place in about 40 different older adult facilities/centers including nursing homes, retirement communities, assisted living and daycare facilities.
• CAM helps support the artists’ community by paying performance fees --- more than $70,000 in 2010!
• CAM performances provide opportunities for audience members to
o stay connected to the community
o interact with the artists
o reminisce about the music’s meaning in their lives
o dance, sing, clap, or simply move to the music
• CAM workshops enable participants to create and feel valued for their talents.
• Arts change lives! Older adults who participate in arts-related events are healthier and happier. They visit doctors less frequently, take fewer medications and are less likely to say they’re depressed.
I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...
Seen the look of delight and joy as CAM participants participate in workshops and listen to lovely musical performances.
Ways to make it better...
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
Clone it for other cities!