Please read our Frequently Asked Questions first. If you still can't find an answer to your question or if you have a question about sponsorships, use the contact form at the bottom of this page to send us a message.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
How can I edit my organization's nonprofit profile page?
At GreatNonprofits, individual user accounts gain "ownership" over nonprofit profiles.
To claim ownership of your nonprofit's profile and edit your organization's information (including your organization's name), simply follow the steps below:
- Be sure you are registered with a username and password on the site. To do this, register here and make sure you sign up as a nonprofit user.
- Once you are logged in, search for your organization in the nonprofit finder and click into your nonprofit's profile.
- Click the button that says "Claim this organization" at the right sidebar of your nonprofit profile.
- If you are the first to claim your profile, you are now the owner of the profile! If you are not the first to claim the profile, it will be manually reviewed by GNP staff and you will receive an email within two business days about your approval.
- Once your claim has been granted, you will be able to edit your profile, add photos, videos, logos, and links.
- We allow multiple staff members at an organization to have access to a profile.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at Support.
When I click on "My Page" it looks like a profile for an individual user, but I signed up as an organization.
Until you claim a nonprofit profile, your account will function as an individual user account. Once you've claimed ownership of your nonprofit profile, the "My Page" link will change to "Manage My Nonprofit." Click on this link to access your nonprofit manager dashboard.
Do I need permission to post one of your reviews on my website?
There is no need to ask for permission to quote from our site. Simply use attribution "GreatNonprofits.org User review."
The organization I'm looking for is not listed.
Add it yourself. Simply create an account and then add a nonprofit. And once it is there, anybody, with the exception of your account, can write a review about this nonprofit. To write a review for this nonprofit, you will need to create a new account.
I want to change my password.
First, make sure you're signed in. Then, click the welcome greeting at the top navbar of the page and click "My Page" or "Manage My Account." Your registration information will appear and you can edit your username, email, or password.
How can I get my nonprofit removed from your site or not receive reviews about it?
More than 1.8 million nonprofits are listed on this site. These nonprofits listed on this site are public charities and as such, the nonprofit is accountable to the public and its listing information is public information.
Will you take down a negative review that is posted about my nonprofit?
We understand the importance of your reputation to you and to your organization. GreatNonprofits provides an open forum for discussion about nonprofits. As such, we do not as a policy remove user-written reviews. It is our experience that users understand that the web is an open forum and look at the totality of information about a nonprofit when forming an opinion. So we urge you to get your message out by responding and asking your supporters to do the same.
Can't find an answer to your question on our Frequently Asked Questions section? Got any questions on sponsorships or inquiries about our website? We have a solution for you: just send us a message using the form below!
Please be as detailed as possible! Here are some other details you might want to include in your message:
- Your screen name and the name of the nonprofit you work for/want to review
- If you are reporting a technical issue, please provide your Internet browser (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux)