My Nonprofit Reviews
Jay Van Groningen
Review for Lighthouse Inc, Cleveland, OH, USA
I was looking for an organizational partner (collaborative partner) in the Cleveland area. I direct a national non profit focused on neighborhood transformation. I wanted a trainer/coach in the Cleveland area to teach and coach neighborhood leaders principles and practices of Asset Based Community Development. Lighthouse is our choice of partners for this training and coaching work. They are totally committed to:
1. Indigenous leadership development
2. Development rooted in what people can do for themselves
3. Development that demands responsibility and respect for the affected and by the affected.
4. Development that starts in a strategy of discovering what residents care about - enough to act on it.
5. Development that does not begin until residents step up using what they have.
Lighthouse is our preferred partner - they really get it!
I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...
I have personally experienced the good work of indigenous leadership development under the training and coaching of Lighthouse.
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
Grow their reach to additional neighborhoods.