New Avenues to Independence, Inc Overview
The New Avenues’ Day Services Program offers defined program areas that are designed to meet individual needs, honor personal choice and achieve program goals. They include an emphasis in the areas of life skills, sensory integration, and work activities and are complemented by the provision of leisure/recreational activities, motor development, aquatics, art and music therapies.
Options include various active and passive activities and programs in areas such as:
· Computer skills
· Arts and crafts
· Wellness & fitness
· Cooking & baking
· Socialization & communication
· Community outings
· Parties & special events
· Outdoor activities
· Paid work activities & pre-vocational experience
· Volunteer & community service
· Educational & in-service presentations
The overall goals for the New Avenues Day Services Program are:
· To assist each person to acquire, retain or improve his or her maximum level of development and functioning within a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment; and
· To provide each person with the instruction and encouragement needed to perform self-help, social, adaptive and pre-vocational skills as independently as possible.
These goals form the basis for individual and group programming and offer direction to providing quality services for the program participants.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge