This rescue organization failed to disclose to us that the dogs we adopted had not been examined by a veterinarian. There was no information disclosed about a potential problem with the dogs, and the issue turned out to be a congenital defect that could have been easily spotted. Now, we have to struggle with something that will be time-consuming and expensive to try and fix in both.
The Director refuses to phone you back if there is a problem. She will only e-mail.
Unfortunately the writer of this review has shared misinformation. The two dogs she adopted were regularly seen by a veterinarian, they just hadn't been seen by the rescue's vet. They were owner surrenders, and the owner provided 18 months worth of veterinarian records (the most recent visit two months prior to the dogs adoption), including all vaccines, as well as their spay and neuter. There were no potential problems noted on their medical records, or observed by their foster mom while they were in the rescue's care. The adopter contacted us approximately one month after the dogs were adopted via email to let us know the dogs were having issues with their eyes. No mention at first was made about returning the dogs, she asked about refunding the adoption fee to help with medical expenses. Since I have had a busy schedule and was out at meetings and appointments for most of the work days, email was the fastest way for me to respond to her concerns. I emailed to tell her that we were not in a financial position to help people with the dogs medical problems once they were adopted (it was past the 14 day guarantee in our contract). We immediately offered to take the dogs back and refund the adoption fee for the male since we were insisting both dogs be returned to us (the dogs are bonded, were adopted together, and we wanted them returned together). The adopter did not want to return the male, just the female. After going back and forth for over a week through countless emails and a telephone conversation, she decided to keep both the dogs. I again stated to her that we would be unable to help in any financial way, all we could offer was to take the dogs back if she was unable to care for them, and was she positive this is what she wanted. She assured me that her and her family were bonded with the dogs, and did not want to give them up, especially the male. I feel the basis for this negative review is that she only wanted the male dog, and we would not agree to that.