Mission: Pringle Nature Center is a regional resource where people of all ages can experience nature, environmental education, conservation and stewardship. We do this by: Putting People in Touch with Nature
Direct beneficiaries per year: 2,200 students with environmental education school programs, 400 people of all ages who participated in nature center programs, and worked to clear invasive plant species off the land.
Geographic areas served: Lower Racine County, Kenosha County, and Northern Lake County Illinois
Programs: • Our public programs vary by the season.
• Invasive species workdays - forth Saturday of the month April through October/November.
• Children's Birthday Parties.
• Scouting and 4-H programs.
• Nature Story Time Hike - first Saturday of the month.
• Educational Programs for grades K-5; KUSD and Wisconsin State Standards linked as well as FOSS linked
• Mighty Acorns Educational Program for grades 4-6 which teaches students the value of stewardship
We love Pringle as a family. We usually on average visit Pringle twice a month in Spring Summer and Fall. My son has learned so much from the volunteers and there are always talks and educational speakers to learn from. We love the pond and spend hours catching frogs and learning about everything in the pond.