Mission: NeighborWorks America creates opportunities for people to live in affordable homes, improve their lives and strengthen their communities.
Results: Goals through 2011:
1) Create and preserve affordable housing opportunities and build stronger communities.
2) Build and sustain a network of excellence and promote innovation.
3) Expand NeighborWorks services and investments benefiting under-served populations and places.
4) Develop and strengthen the non-profit housing and community development workforce.
5) Increase capital investment in America's communities.
6) Optimize the organizational performance of NeighborWorks America to achieve our mission and strategic vision.
1) In 2007 $4.3 billion in public and private investments were generated by NeighborWorks network organizations.
2) Helped more than 204,000 low- and moderate-income families purchase homes; improve previously purchased homes; or live in safe, decent rental or mutually owned housing.
3) $9 of private capital was leveraged by our secondary market, NHSA, on average, for each dollar of NeighborWorks® capital grant funds.
4) Some NHSA loan programs leveraged private sector returns as high as $50:1.
5) 2,700 local housing counselors received certificates for completing NeighborWorks® Center for Housing Education and Counseling (NCHEC) training in foreclosure intervention and prevention.
6) 14,000 community development training certificates were awarded through NeighborWorks® Training Institutes and other venues.
7) 6,500 training certificates were awarded in homeownership lending, counseling, education and foreclosure prevention.
8) $300,000 total in seed grants was awarded to 10 community-based Gulf Coast organizations to strengthen their capacity to engage their neighbors and civic leaders in local rebuilding efforts
9) $20 million in new and rehabilitated single- and multi-family units have resulted from a $3 million investment by NeighborWorks® America and its partners in 2007.
Target demographics: Low to moderate income nationwide
NeighborWorks America is a class organization from the national D.C. headquarters to its local affiliates across the country! I have worked with NeighborWorks over the past year on several charity events, and the experience has been excellent. I highly recommend them.