July 13, 2011
I was seeking to work with an NGO that was dedicated to improving the health & quality of lives for the people of Haiti. Haiti Clinic does just that! I have never met such caring, compassionate, and dedicated people as those who volunteer with Haiti Clinic. I've been to Haiti 9 times over the past 14 months. Every time we pull up to our clinic in Cite Soleil, there as always hundreds of people waiting outside with huge smiles and plenty of "thanks"! There is no price for that! The most amazing part about volunteering is seeing the changes that are transpiring in their community and in their health as a result of Haiti Clinic! Haiti Clinic truly is making a difference!
I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...
1. Providing health care to people in an area where few NGOs are present
2. Obtaining a source of clean water for our community
3. Starting a Pediatric Clinic
4. Establishing a Women's Center with Prenatal Care program
5. Providing long term primary care to a population in need
Ways to make it better...
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
Hope to find a way to raise donations to help support our clinic, volunteers, and start a birthing center!
Volunteer & OB/GYN.