VIRGINIA CENTER FOR INCLUSIVE COMMUNITIES
Profile ( less )
During that time:
- A new book, “No COLORS: 100 Ways to Stop Gangs from Taking Away Our Communities,” describes VCIC’s Project Inclusion as “The best program we have seen in the nation for sowing the seeds of non-violence, inclusiveness and understanding in a high school population.”
- The National Women’s Law Center hosted a webinar entitled “Spotlight on Bullying & Harassment,” that featured VCIC’s Educational Equity Initiative and particularly our work with middle school faculty that resulted in a 74% decrease in discipline referrals from September 2010 to September 2011.
- The Kellogg Fellows Leadership Alliance spotlighted VCIC’s work on the “Unpacking the 2010 Census” program in its top nine tips for hosting a racial equity gathering.
- The Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities was named a Richmond History Maker for improving social justice by the Valentine Richmond History Center in October 2011.
- The Urban League of Hampton Roads presented the Vivian C. Mason Award to VCIC in April 2012.
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge