The BREAST CANCER SOCIETY INC Overview
Target demographics: Women and Men battling breast cancer
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Help walk breast cancer fighters through our Hope Supply Program and receive material needs
Geographic areas served: National and International Organization
Programs: • To work closely with breast cancer patients and their families on a case-by-case basis in an effort to identify critical needs and to give meaningful support through such methods as financial aid, education, material supplies and commodities, and any other means deemed suitable to aid in alleviating the special needs brought on by breast cancer.
• Services are provided to recipients nation-wide, based on need, demand, and qualification.
• To procure products and commodities (gifts-in-kind) for distribution in accordance to the organization’s mission.
• To educate the public and cancer patients about breast cancer and various issues surrounding it and to fund special grants for research projects whose primary aim is to improve the prevention , detection, treatment of, or recovery from breast cancer.
• To inform the general public about the existence of The Breast Cancer Society (TBCS) and the services which the organization provides.
• To participate in efforts both domestically and internationally to alleviate human suffering through such means the procurement and distribution of donated commodities - primarily to breast cancer victims, and in some cases other critically ill individuals in the case of surplus supplies and urgent need.
In 2012, the organization launched three new vital programs. Our non-medical In-Home Care, the Hope Scholarship Fund and the Empower Scholarship Fund. Each program is answering problematic issues surrounding a breast cancer diagnosis.