Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: raise awareness about sudden cardiac arrest and save lives
Direct beneficiaries per year: tens of thousands of people with information resources, thousands with an online community, and dozens of survivors and family members with workshops
Geographic areas served: the United States
Programs: 1. A comprehensive information clearinghouse on sudden cardiac arrest
2. An online community for people personally affected by SCA to share experiences and provide mutual support;
3. An online registry of SCA survivors;
4. Educational materials targeted to secondary schools and colleges.
1. Increase the rate of bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) from 30% to 50% within 5 years;
2. Increase the use of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in public places within 5 years (increase from <5% to 10%);
3. Increase the use of mild therapeutic hypothermia to improve brain function for survivors of sudden cardiac arrest;
4.Increase the use of implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) for primary and secondary prevention of SCA;
4. Double the average rate of survival to hospital discharge within 10 years (increase from 10% to 20%).