Southwinds, Inc. Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: adults with developmental challenges throughout Allegheny County
Direct beneficiaries per year: With 51 clients, we are currently at capacity
Geographic areas served: Greater Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
Southwinds has 14 homes and serves 50 individuals The following services assist each person in improving their skills for independent living. Southwinds' 24-hour residential program:
- helps each person set and pursue goals for personal growth;
- supervises training plans in daily living skills;
- provides transportation to employment, workshops, therapeutic activity centers, recreation activities, and personal appointments;
- develops programs for older adults;
- offers specialized psychiatric and medical services;
- coordinates medical care with physicians and health care providers;
- oversees public education, community, and volunteer relations aimed at the integration of its individuals into the community.
Achievement of these goals is evaluated internally as well as by the Allegheny County Department of Human Services.The agency is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare.
A Place to Call Home for Intellectually and Developmentally Challenged Adults