RESOURCE, Inc. Overview
Target demographics: Last year, RESOURCE helped 19,188 individuals who were working hard to improve their lives:
• 4,713 laid-off workers and other unemployed or underemployed adults seeking employment
• 9,091 parents on welfare working toward self-sufficiency
• 909 "at-risk" youth struggling to survive and thrive
• 862 adults with disabilities or other barriers to employment seeking jobs and training
• 1,096 individuals grappling with substance-abuse problems--most with a history of relapse and many with prison records
• 2,517 adults with a mental illness living and participating actively in the community.
The 23,899 children of those served also benefited indirectly from their parents’ success in discovering their potential and achieving their dreams.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 19,188
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: … help a job seeker modify their resume; locate job leads; and apply to three quality jobs that match their skill set and would allow them to work towards self-sufficiency.
… assist at least 6 job seekers in practicing their interview skills by volunteering as a mock interviewer to share your professional experience with others.
… prepare a meal with a group of your friends to be served to a group of young fathers who are working on improving their lives and building a stable foundation for their children.
… interact with a small group of young children to help them learn the necessary skills they will need to succeed in kindergarten.
Geographic areas served: Twin Cities Metropolitcal Area and St. Cloud, Minnesota
Programs: Our four operating divisions are: Employment Action Center (employment services), Minnesota Resource Center (training and employment services for people with disabilities or other barriers), Recovery Resource Center (chemical health services), and Spectrum Community Mental Health (mental health services).