Preservation Society of Newport County
424 Bellevue Ave
The Preservation Society of Newport County is a private, nonprofit educational organization founded in 1945. The Preservation Society's mission is to preserve and protect the best examples of Newport County's architectural, artistic and social heritage. The Society's fourteen historic properties are open to the general public and form a complete essay of American historical development from the 18th through 20th centuries. Society properties include Hunter House (1748), Kingscote (1841), Chateau-Sur-Mer (1852), Chepstow (1861), Green Animals Topiary Gardens (1859), Isaac Bell House (1883), Marble House (1892), The Breakers (1895), The Elms (1901), Rosecliff (1902) and Rovensky Park (1959). Nearly one million visitors frequent the Preservation Society's historic properties each year.