Partners In Development, Inc. Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: Our work is currently focused in the neediest sections of the Caribbean and Central America.
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Help us with general office tasks at our US office in Ipswich, MA.
Geographic areas served: Haiti and Guatemala
Programs: Child Sponsorship, Housing, Medical, Microcredit, and more!
Here are a few statistics that describe transformation results:
- The overall numbers served by PID: Over 20,000!
- Microcredit Loans (loans average $100 US, issued on a 6-month term) provided: over 800 total!
- Current houses built (homes are modest buildings of cinderblock construction with a cement floor, sturdy roof, two rooms and a porch): 40 finished in Haiti and 16 finished in Guatemala.
- Current children sponsored (sponsored children receive school supplies, uniforms, shoes, food and medical care; sponsors pay $25 a month to support a child): 300 total, in both countries.
- Medical/building mission trips each year (a percentage of funds from the mission trips help fund the medical and housing programs: approximately 20 per year
- Number of trip attendees each year: 200+
People seen in our clinics each month (averages): 1,500 total, in Haiti and Guatemala.
Beyond these statistics, many other community transformations are happening where we serve the poor.